The second floor is dedicated to a permanent collection.
- Wearing a mandatory mask from 11 years old.
- Disinfection with hydroalcoholic gel compulsory at the entrance.
- Distance of 1 m to be respected.
- A visitor gauge limited to a maximum of 12 people at the same time.
- The spaces are regularly disinfected several times a day.
- Guided tours are suspended but interactive virtual tours for up to 20 people by appointment have been set up.
Would you like to have access to the visit? Send an email with your contact details to: email@example.com with a copy firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive in return the replay access link for a 360 degree viewing to use within 7 days.
Works by Ziem, very popular for his paintings of Venice and Constantinople including the famous "Martigues les tartanes".
Fauvist works by Raoul Dufy and André Derain, organised around important painters from the 20th century including Francis Picabia and René Seyssaud
Works by Provençal painters including Emile Loubon.
To ensure their conservation, works by Paul Signac, Auguste Rodin and Camille Claudel are only exhibited from time to time.
The uppermost floor exhibits part of the archaeological collections from local digs from prehistory to modern times, from 8,000BC until the 18th century, an ethnological collection which reflects the importance of water in the daily life of the Martigues population with fishing articles and ex-votoes.
- Group visits by appointment with family or friends or small groups from 5 people.
- Guided tours for groups and school groups every day by appointment.
- For visitors with a disability: tactile and sensory workshops and French sign-language tours.
- For all visitors: lunch at the museum, birthdays, sensory workshops, eyes-closed tours, conference programmes, workshops and courses about art history.
The museum has the "charte du Môm'Art" label which aims to assist museums and cultural sites to improve their facilities and services for families.
From 14 October to 31 January (every year)
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
From 01 July to 31 August (every year)
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
- categories :
- Parking :
- Client profile :
- Tour language(s) :
- Visits :
- Average individual visit length (minutes) 90
- you can visit it
- Information panel language(s) :
- Environments :
- Close to a public transportation
- Close to pleasure port
- In centre of town
- Town location
- Individual tour services :
- Unguided individual tours available permanently
- Guided individual tours available permanently
- Group tour services :
- Unguided group tours on request
- Guided group tours on request
- Price :
- Help for client/practical :
- Entertainment :
- Temporary exhibition
- Visit :
- Tour free of charge
- Guided tours
- Shop :
- Spoken language(s) :
Coming from Fos / Arles / Montpellier: Exit at Croix-Sainte before the viaduct, follow Hôtel de Ville then Istres, join the car park, near the municipal swimming pool.
Coming from Istres / Miramas / Salon: Take Center-ville - Ferrières, park in the car park, near the municipal swimming pool.
Marseille Provence: Airport / Aerodrome at 20km
Martigues Lavéra: Train station at 4km
All year long 2020
All year long 2020
Sunday 27 December 2020
16:00 to 17:00
- Distance (km) 30.3
- Daily duration (minutes) 210
- Tourist routes