Martigues...in the heart of Provence
By train, car, bus, boat or plane - however you plan on getting to Martigues, we have all the information you need!
Martigues is in the heart of Provence, in south-eastern France, in the Bouches du Rhone department. Also known as Provençal Venice, it is the ideal location for discovering the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region. It is in a strategic location, 50 minutes from Aix en Provence, 45 minutes from the centre of Marseille and under 50 minutes from Arles.
The unique Zou ma région Sud
site summarises all the different itineraries with different modes of transport provided by the Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur region. The site provides information about all the public transport networks in the region. zou.maregionsud.fr
Getting to Martigues?
In France by car - some distances:
• Paris - Martigues: 7 h 32 min - (781 km)
• Nice - Martigues: 2 h 33 min (219 km)
• Toulouse - Martigues: 3 h 45 min (364 km)
• Limoges - Martigues: 6 h 3 min (653 km)
• Bordeaux - Martigues: 6 h 24 min (608 km)
Major European cities
• Barcelona - Martigues: 4 h 46 min (466 km)
• Milan - Martigues: 6 h 2 min (539 km)
• Rome - Martigues: 9 h 23 min (915 km)
• Zurich - Martigues: 7 h 15 min (742 km)
By road: check traffic in and around Martigues with V-Trafic or Waze
• From AIX/MARSEILLE
- Via Aix: Motorway A51 until the Fos-Martigues junction. Take motorway A55, exit Fos-Martigues, Montpellier to Martigues. (45 kms), via MARSEILLE
- motorway A55 to Fos Martigues. (37 kms)
• From ARLES/NIMES
- Take the N113 to exit no. 9 Fos sur Mer, then the N568 to Port de Bouc, then the A55 for 5 kms to Martigues. (53 kms from Arles).
• From SALON/ISTRES
- From Salon, take the D16 to Istres then take the D5 to Martigues. (34 kms)
By plane - Aéroport Marseille Provence | www.marseille.aeroport.fr
Aéroport Marseille-Provence is the 6th largest airport in France and the 4th largest outside the Paris region. 9 million passengers used the airport in 2017, and 33 airlines operate flights to 107 destinations.
The Aéroport Marseille-Provence is just 30 minutes from Martigues.
From the Aéroport International de Marseille-Provence: take the A7 towards Fos-Martigues
and the A55 to Martigues. (35 kms).
To make your trip easier, try:
• taxi terminals
• public transport
To contact the airport
Airport reception - Tel: 0820 811 414 (€0.12/min. France only.)
Voice server - Tel: +33 (0)188.8.131.52.20
By train - Côte Bleue TGV high-speed rail and TER railway | www.sncf.com
A break in Martigues? A day trip? You can choose between TGV high-speed rail or TER railway.
Martigues has three stations, making it easy to get around the area.
• Martigues main station, Lavéra
- Route de Lavéra - No ticket office. An automatic terminal is available outside the site.
• Gare de Croix-Sainte
- Route de la Gare de Croix-Sainte - No ticket counter, no automatic terminal.
• La Couronne station
- Avenue de la gare, La Couronne - No ticket office. An automatic terminal is available outside the site.
The Côte Bleue TER railway service operates 14 daily return journeys between Marseille and Miramas via Martigues and stops at 15 stations and locations. For the timetable see the TER Sud Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur
Information and bookings
SNCF railway - Tel.
: 08.00.11.40.23 (7am - 9.30pm FREE from a French landline).
See the L07 Marseille - Miramas timetable