Chapel of the Black Penitents - Saint Joseph

Historic site and monument Religious heritage Chapel
  • Chapelle St Joseph

Presentation

When Saint Anne's brotherhood settled down in the Chapel, Black Penitents moved a few meters away from there.
Built, in six months, the Chapel keeps a beautiful door in sculptured walnut.
In 1819, what stayed of the Brotherhood, gave way to Saint Joseph's congregation and the Chapel was dedicated to the saint in June, 1821.
Saint Joseph's statue which we find inside the chapel, restored in 1950, is the one which was in the niche above the original front door.
Contact
Chapel of the Black Penitents - Saint Joseph
Place Esquiros
13600
La Ciotat
Phone : +33 4 42 71 43 82

Tarifs

Free of charge.
loading
FICHE_INFO_SIMPLE_LIBELLE_DESTINATION
Chapelle des Pénitents Noirs - Saint Joseph
Place Esquiros
13600
La Ciotat
GPS coordinates
Latitude : 43.175636
Longitude : 5.605621