- Wearing a mandatory mask from 11 years old.
- Disinfection with hydroalcoholic gel compulsory at the entrance.
- Distance of 1 m to be respected.
- A visitor gauge limited to a maximum of 12 people at the same time.
- The spaces are regularly disinfected several times a day.
- Guided tours are suspended but interactive virtual tours for up to 20 people by appointment have been set up.
Would you like to have access to the visit? Send an email with your contact details to: email@example.com with a copy firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive in return the replay access link for a 360 degree viewing to use within 7 days.
The Musée Ziem was founded in 1908 thanks to donations by several artists including Félix Ziem. The collection is alternated regularly to ensure the public has access to all the works (ground and first floor).
The second floor is dedicated to a permanent collection.
Works by Ziem, very popular for his paintings of Venice and Constantinople including the famous "Martigues les tartanes".
Fauvist works by Raoul Dufy and André Derain, organised around important painters from the 20th century including Francis Picabia and René Seyssaud
Works by Provençal painters including Emile Loubon.
To ensure their conservation, works by Paul Signac, Auguste Rodin and Camille Claudel are only exhibited from time to time.
The uppermost floor exhibits part of the archaeological collections from local digs from prehistory to modern times, from 8,000BC until the 18th century, an ethnological collection which reflects the importance of water in the daily life of the Martigues population with fishing articles and ex-votoes.
- Group visits by appointment with family or friends or small groups from 5 people.
- Guided tours for groups and school groups every day by appointment.
- For visitors with a disability: tactile and sensory workshops and French sign-language tours.
- For all visitors: lunch at the museum, birthdays, sensory workshops, eyes-closed tours, conference programmes, workshops and courses about art history.
The museum has the "charte du Môm'Art" label which aims to assist museums and cultural sites to improve their facilities and services for families.
From Wednesday 01 July to Monday 31 August 2020
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
10:00 to 12:00 and 14:00 to 18:00
From Wednesday 02 to Sunday 20 September 2020
Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday
14:00 to 18:00
- Label :
- TOP10 :
- Pets welcome :
- Museum theme :
- Fine Arts
- Multi-theme Museum
- Sub-theme of the Museum :
- Painting - Sculpture
- Multi-theme Museum
- Location :
- In the town centre
- Offers activities :
- Conferences / seminars
- Slide collections
- Type of parking :
- Public parking
- Comfort(s) and service(s) :
- Guided tour
- Permanent exhibitions
- Temporary exhibitions
- Workshops for children
- Postcard shop
- Book shop
- Internet access
- Implementation of sanitary measures
- Aide proposée :
- Projection room
- Accessible to disabled visitors :