I ride my bike
Martigues provides bicycle parking in several places around the city:
- In front of the police station and tourist office around the town hall roundabout (Ferrières)
- On Boulevard du 14 juillet and in front of the public pool (Ferrières)
- In front of the Médiathèque (multimedia library) (L'Ile)
- On the beach, Plage Gérard Tenque and Quai Général Leclerc (Jonquières)
Bike hire V-LOC
: 21, avenue René Fouque - Carro - +33 (0)6 16 56 91 89 (delivery possible)
I leave my bike in a park-and-ride and take public transport.
Martigues is fortunate to have a choice of transport around the city centre:
- On the water via le canals: free maritime shuttle - see the timetable
- By bus: line no. 20 of the free Ulysse network which links the three districts - see the timetable
NB: La Vénitienne is not currently running. The service will be available again in September 2020.
I sort my rubbish
Several rubbish bins are available around the city to help preserve the planet.
Water is precious - I use it carefully.
I buy products at the market
from local producers
Don’t miss the seasonal farmer’s market from April to October (Tuesdays from 6pm).